A bug I found in Python

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sun Mar 30 11:39:50 EST 2003

Tim explains
->Yes, it's clearly a bug in Python. What's happening is that it saw the 0
in
>"10", and the zero in "-10", and figured 0 was the most popular digit. As
>is so often the case, Python sacrificed accuracy for popularity.

Thanks for the clairification.

My guess had been that it had something to do with the "lo" in "Hello" being
mangled with the "10" in 10.

Similar to the kind of issues one runs into entering the license keys for
the commercial version of Python.

I happen to be designing a more expensive version of Python, where O and 0,
and l and 1 are not distinguished. I expect it to become *the* language for
entering license keys.

Art