Is Python the Esperanto of programming languages?

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Thu Mar 20 16:26:52 EST 2003

Andy Jewell schreef op woensdag 19 maart om 23:34:50 +0000:
> Hi Pythonistas,
>
> Just thought I'd throw the cat amongst the pigeons...  I just occurred to me
> that Python is designed to be elegant from the ground-up, and takes many of
> the 'best' features of many other programming languages, but always with
> elegance in mind, similarly to Esperanto, which is designed to be a 'regular'
> (i.e. elegant) human language, and draws its vocabulary from many different
> spoken languages.

Well, I don't think so. All programming languages are artificial, how
literary they are. Artificial human languages don't work, just as
beats and other artificial, practical enhancements don't work: HANC!

[HANC: Humans Are No Computers]

yours,
Gerrit.

--
229 If a builder build a house for some one, and does not construct it
properly, and the house which he built fall in and kill its owner, then