TextPad and Python

Uri phrogeeb at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 7 00:18:28 EST 2003

Trying to get TextPad (http://www.textpad.com) to work with Python. It
has lots of neat features like a file full of syntax coloring codes
and an easy key-combination that executes the file in buffer and
places output in a new TextPad window.

I'm running into a question that I've seen come up a couple of times
with Emacs. (Is Emacs on Win better than TextPad, even if I'm just a
newbie?) I can run simple files that come up just fine in the new
window. However, anything including input of any sort returns an error
code that looks like:

<TRACEBACK>
Hello?Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\test.pyw", line 1, in ?
    a = raw_input("Hello?")
EOFError: EOF when reading a line

Tool completed with exit code 1
</TRACEBACK>

In Emacs the answer was that you use two commands:
C-c !           py-shell
C-c C-c         py-execute-buffer
However, the win version of Python 2.3 apparently doesn't come with
either of these files.
Can anyone give me any suggestions?