Threads with independant IO streams

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Thu Mar 13 14:22:53 EST 2003

Tim Peters wrote:

> The print statement passes the object to be printed to sys.displayhook()
> for display.  You could try supplying your own displayhook function.

The print statement does not use sys.displayhook in any Python version
I've seen -- sys.displayhook is used by the interactive interpreter to
display the values returned by expression-statements.  So, is somebody
spoofing the timbot, or am I in a dangerously low blood-sugar condition?
I'd better go to dinner right now, just in case...

Alex