Check your Wikis

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Wed Jun 25 19:25:52 EDT 2003

Tom Plunket <tomas at fancy.org> writes:
[...]
> I recently registered and added stuff to the wxPython Wiki,
> because the existing information was incorrect on my platform.  I
> almost didn't bother because of the fact that I had to register,
[...]

It *is* a disincentive to have to register.  How many people
contributing to wikis think their contribution is earth-shakingly
important?  They don't, and they already have 50 username/password
combinations to keep straight.

Why not have a undo-able wiki?  Seems like the best solution.  The
Zope site does that, IIRC, and I don't think they need to use the undo
facility very often.

John