Author's copies of _Text Processing in Python_

David Mertz, Ph.D. mertz at gnosis.cx
Wed Jun 18 17:25:07 EDT 2003

Pythonistas:

I mentioned in a prior note that I would obtain author copies of my
recently published Addison Wesley book _Text Processing in Python_.  As
part of my contract, I got a good number of copies, and will only give a
fraction of those to friends and family.  So I'd like to sell the rest.

The very best thing for me is to sell them directly to interested
readers--specifically, those who want to write me a check and live in
the USA.  $33 slightly beats the best price listed on bestbookbuys.com,
so I'll sell them for that amount and include USA shipping.

I cannot process a credit card myself, but I also listed the copies on
Textbook Exchange (who does CCs):

    http://www.textbookx.com/search.php?searchtype=std&keywords=0321112547&search=Go%21

I am 'quilty' there (I'd be surprised to see other "used" copies all
that soon).  Buying my copies there also puts more money in my pocket
than does buying from a bookstore (I listed my copies as $31, but they
take a cut, and that doesn't include shipping... so I'm not sure to the
penny how it comes out for both sides).

Btw. If anyone thinks they should have a free reviewers copy (i.e. you
want to review it or evaluate it for a course), let me know so I can
make that happen.

Btw2.  I encourage anyone who has gotten a copy of the text to post
reviews to any of the online booksellers, or to discussion groups, or
wherever.

OK... done selling myself.

Yours, David...