distutils deficiency

PenguinOfDoom pahan at gmx.net
Tue Jun 24 19:52:58 EDT 2003

For whatever reason, distutils does not change file permissions of
stuff in data_files in core.setup and neither does it allow specifying
these permissions. The CVS repository I am using assigns permissions
for files it downloads to 640. When distutils installs that, and I try
to use the application, things obviously go boom. Right now, I'll
probably have to resort to an os.chmod call in the setup script.
Shouldn't data_files be more flexible or less sloppy?