ActiveX currency type (MAPI)

Bradley Schatz bradley at greystate.com
Mon Jun 16 03:39:52 EDT 2003

I am accessing through MAPI.Session, custom properties of outlook forms that
reside in Exchange.

I am using the methods described comprehensively on the CDOLive site
http://www.cdolive.com/cdo10.htm , specifically the Fields interface.

My problem is that for a Field that is of type Currency (the equivalent type
of vbCurrency) I am getting a return of a tuple - for example for a price of
$ 21,000,000 I get the tuple [4, -474836480]

According to the CDOlive documentation, the value should be an 8byte integer
scaled by 1000.

Has anyone any suggestions on how to coerce win32com to unmarshal this type
correctly?

Thanks,

Bradley