Not getting all keys in FieldStorage (Multipart form data)

vivek kumar gupt_vive at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 4 08:26:51 EDT 2003

>From: "Graeme Matthew" <gsmatthew at ozemail.com.au>
>To: "vivek kumar" <gupt_vive at hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Not getting all keys in FieldStorage (Multipart form data)
>Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 22:06:53 +1000
>
>Keeping that in mind try this:
>
>import shutil
>BUFFER = 1024
>
>file = form['book_image'].file                         #this will be a
>file
>handle in FieldStorage
>destination = open('C;/help.jpeg','wb')           #This will be destinate
>file (might need to create it first)
>shutil.copyfileobj(file,destination,1024)           #Copy file to file

I tried this also. But it works with the text files but it does not save
binary files successfully :-(. Here is the code I used as you suggested

form=cgi.FieldStorage()
if form.has_key("aimsfile"):
    loadfile=form["aimsfile"].file

    from shutil import copyfileobj

    from os.path import splitext
    from shutil import copyfileobj
    ext=os.path.splitext(form["aimsfile"].filename)[1][1:]

    try:
        savefile=open("1.%s" %ext,"wb")
        copyfileobj(loadfile,savefile,1024)
        savefile.close()