PythonD: 4Suite or Twisted?

Thomas Weholt ( PRIVAT ) 2002 at weholt.org
Thu Jun 5 04:07:47 EDT 2003

> > Twisted are slowly getting a proper documentation together
>
> "Slowly getting proper documentation"? Do you not consider a 250 page
> book "proper documentation"? (That's just the HOWTOs and manpages.
> The API documentation is not distributed in a paged format, but it
> is so big that people have asked me to split it off from the twisted-doc
> package to lower size demands.

Ok, I was happy to see that when I download Twisted 1.0.5, but I'm still
missing docs on how to set up servers for POP3, NNTP, IRC and FTP, how to
deploy files in a Twisted.Web application ( how to organize the files,
folder-structure etc. ) and finding out if the Gnutella and OSCAR ( for use
against running ICQ-servers ) implementations are working ( after that, how
to use them :-) ).

I'm currently looking at HEP Messaging Server to figure out the POP3-thing,
but the rest is .... more uncertain ( I was gonna say it was up to you guys,
but ... I guess I have to do some experimentation with the test-cases in the
source. ) If anyone has any functional code related to the protocols
mentioned above lying around I'd be a very camper if you let me have a look
at it.

Anyway, I'm not trying to put Twisted down, I'm a very enthusiastic user and
look forward to anything else coming from the Twisted-team in the near
future.

Best regards,
Thomas