Bug in v1.5.2 Websucker GUI?

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 12 18:05:34 EDT 2003

Anton Vredegoor:
> Thanks for pointing me to that page. However I don't like it
> (understatement deleted).
>
> a) "SourceForge will not allow you to submit a new bug report unless
> you're logged in. "

  !!  It didn't used to be that way.  I made a few bug reports
anonymously before I bothered getting a SF account.  But that
was a couple years ago.

Playing around a bit, I see SF does have a "cypherpunks" account
with pass wd of "cypherpunks".  This is a semi-well known
account name used at many sites to circumvent the lack of an
anonymous account.  Some might consider it inappropriate to use
such subversion.

> Then why is Python bugtracking hosted on that site?

Probably because the advantages (CVS access, bug tracking,
backups, server availablity, bandwidth, etc) outweigh the
disadvantages.  And once something's started, it's hard to switch
elsewhere.

> b) If I want to save the page to my harddisk for future reference it
> makes my explorer crash because of some illegal operation.

Not mine, which is IE 6.0 under Win NT 4.0.  (Old fashioned, I know
but you're running Win98SE ;)

> c) If  want to browse the bug reports by date descending, I get an
> error "The page cannot be displayed".

Worked find for me.

I posted your bug report using my login.

                    Andrew
                    dalke at dalkescientific.com