OT: RfD for German Newsgroup: de.comp.lang.python

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Fri Jun 27 12:15:35 EDT 2003

Harald Stowasser wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need support. Are here any german users?

Sure, plenty of them. You do know we have a german-speaking Python
mailing list, don't you? => http://python.net/mailman/listinfo/python-de

I'd suggest you post there and on de.comp.lang.misc, which currently is
the de.* newsgroup where Python is on-topic.

> Because I want to write a RfD
> (Request for Discussion) to create the new Newsgroup de.comp.lang.python.
>
> I'd also like to know, if you would change to de.comp.lang.python.

To be honest, I'd probably still ask my own questions here, unless I
have reason to believe that there are readers of de.comp.lang.python who
can answer my question there. I believe Unicode questions would have a
good chance of getting good answeres there, for example ;-)

Another problem is if we'd want a bi-directional gateway from python-de
to de.comp.lang.python and vice versa.

python-de is currently 100 % spam free. With a bi-directional gateway,
this would create serious problems. I as the list maintainer have enough
to do blocking spam messages already and I won't have the resources to
manually approve every single message coming from the NNTP side.

Spam is less of a problem on a high-traffic mailing list like the
internation Python list, but on low-traffic lists you'll get more noise
than signal and people will quit.

-- Gerhard