GUI interactive prompt with non-text output

James Tauber jtauber at jtauber.com
Sun Jun 22 03:07:14 EDT 2003

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 06:37:14 +1000, "Tim Churches"
<tchur at optushome.com.au> said:
> I suspect that could be achieved by dynamically inserting alternating
> text and graphics canvas widgets in a wxPython grid or table. However,
> personally I can't see why having two windows is less functional, as
> long as the correspondence between the command and the output is
> indicated and synchronised somehow. However, I can see why you might
> want to mix the two when creating a permanent record of the session (for
> printing, archiving or distribution), along with other comments or
> explanatory text.

Mathematica is a great example of a commercial app that takes this
approach.

I've started diving into the PyCrust/Py stuff from wxPython (thanks for
the pointer) and it looks like I should be able to do what I want by
modifying PyShell.

Thanks

James
--