Oracle 9i Lite and ODBC

BDM viffer750 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 3 08:50:05 EDT 2003

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Win2000 platform, ODBC drivers from
the 5.0.2.0 9i Lite distribution.  I think I may have solved some of my
problems.  I updated 9i Lite to the latest patch release (5.0.2.5.0) and am
now able to at least make a connection and not have everything hang. Had to
play around with the ODBC settings, Default Isolation Level of  "Single
User" and Default Cursor Type of "Dynamic" seems to work the best. Now I'm
seeing cursor relate issues in my code, and I'm going to investigate those
today.  Moral of the story: Never assume that if your code works with a 9i
ODBC connection that it will work with a 9i Lite ODBC connection.  Grrrrr.

        -=Brad=-

"M.-A. Lemburg" <mal at lemburg.com> wrote in message
> BDM wrote:
> > Has anyone been successful in getting python to connect to an Oracle 9i
Lite