pythonCOM with Flash

Dave Brueck dave at pythonapocrypha.com
Fri Jun 13 12:22:52 EDT 2003

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003,  wrote:

> So, if I understand correctly I cannot use Flash as a GUI without another
> GUI to contain the flash object.
>
> am I right?

That is probably the case, but that doesn't mean that the other GUI needs
to be a full GUI framework (like wxPython, Tkinter, Qt) - you could use
native Win32 calls to create the toplevel window that contains the Flash
object and that's most of what you need.

If you go this route, first figure out how you would do it in plain old C
(by referencing MSDN, for example) and then the Win32 calls will translate
almost directly into Python calls via Mark's win32 extensions or Thomas
Heller's ctypes package.

-Dave