Looking for the greatest negative float value

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Jun 11 19:28:24 EDT 2003

"Mike C. Fletcher" wrote:

> In my defense ;) , the original poster
> was
> giving the example of:
>
>     -sys.maxint-1
>
> as the analog of the number they were seeking in integers, instead of
> -1
> :) .

Sorry, I forgot to include a smiley face.  It was indeed clear that the
original poster was asking about the most negative negative floating
point value, I was just nitpicking a (quite common) bad choice of
mathematical terminology he chose to use.

/  \ We grow in time to trust the future for our answers.
\__/  Ruth Benedict