File sharing

Irmen de Jong irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 29 06:31:54 EDT 2003

Alex wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to write a "File sharing system".
>
> Is posssible with socket and thread create multisuer connection at the same
> time ?

Yes. You can use multiple sockets and a thread per connection,
or you can use one of Python's event driven frameworks to handle
lots of concurrent connections (Twisted, for instance).

> or is wrong my idea??

I don't know, but have a look at BitTorrent.
That is an existing popular file sharing system written in Python.

http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/

No need reinventing the wheel, right?

--Irmen de Jong