Sun RPC for Python?, xdrlib

Sameer Ajmani news at ajmani.net
Tue Jun 10 09:37:06 EDT 2003

I'm looking for an implementation of Sun RPC for Python.  In particular,
I'm hoping to find the equivalent of rpcgen, which takes an XDR
specification of an RPC protocol and generates the marshalling and
unmarshalling code.  I cannot use XML-RPC for this application, because
I need compatibility with legacy Sun RPC programs.

Also, has anyone implemented a version of xdrlib.Unpacker and Packer
that reads/writes directly to file objects, rather than to buffers?  It
would be more efficient to be able to pack data directly to a socket,
rather than using an intermediate buffer.

Thanks!
Sameer