reStructuredText for Websites

Florian Schulze florian.proff.schulze at gmx.net
Wed Jun 11 07:13:25 EDT 2003

Hi!

This is an followup to an older thread in which I promised to release my
results.
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-
8&newwindow=1&th=1dd8ddeb74985619&seekm=2259b0e2.0306041303.14992fee%40posting.google.com&frame=off

At http://www.fh-giessen.de/~hg10836/python/rst2html_tools.zip is an zip
with two modified tools and an example:

rst2ht:
Slightly modified to allow an rfc2822 header which will be attached to the
header in the resulting ht file. Maybe this can be done better, but it
works for me.

ht2html:
The main ht2html.py file isn't modified, but the other files are heavily
modified.
LinkFixer takes format strings for normal and hilite links and it handles
the first link as a title for which title_normal and title_hilite are the
format strings.
Skeleton is greatly simplified and now contains the link parser.
StandardGenerator is also a very bare bone implementation.

In the example directory is another Generator which uses cubictemp
<http://www.nullcube.com/software/cubictemp.html> for templates. This is
the way I'm using ht2html now, as it's the most flexible. There is also a
SConstruct file. If someone can write a better one, then please speak up.

I hope this is useful for someone.

Regards,
Florian Schulze