Feature Structures in Python (Part I)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Jun 19 08:42:26 EDT 2003

Andrew Bennetts wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 12:12:55AM -0700, Erik Max Francis wrote:
> > Andrew Bennetts wrote:
> >
> > > What's a "feature structure"?
> >
> > I wondered the same thing.  Google provided the answer.
>
> My instinctive google-twitch got put off by how generic the terms "feature"
> and "structure" are, so I didn't expect searching would find any useful
> results...

Unfortunately for many of us, Google hasn't existed for long enough for
this to be a truly *instinctive* thing.  It will take a few generations,
or more :-), to breed this into the gene pool...  until then, sadly, it
must remain merely automatic --- for the fortunate and well-practiced ---
or nearly habitual --- for the more forgetful amongst us. :-(

-Peter