pythonCOM with Flash

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sat Jun 14 21:23:59 EDT 2003

Bradley Schatz wrote:

> Thanks Mark - Distributed testing pays off again.:) What didnt work on my
> work pc worked on yours and also my home pc. I am pleased to report that
> events work as expected too.

Excellent!

> Find a working demo attached below - click on the sphere in the flash
> window, and python will respond and change the gui based on the event.

Thanks!  I have added that to the Demos directory.  It is unfortunate
that the .swf it uses isn't able to be directly referenced on the web,
but cest-la-vie.

I guess if it was OK to redistribute, I could add it to starship.

> My next goal is to get this working outside of pythonwin, as a standard app.
> Any further suggestions on how how to throw together a simple activex gui
> container?

See the other posts in this thread, particularly references to Alex's
amazing posts some time ago.

Otherwise, a bare-boned, single Window Pythonwin based app shouldn't be
too hard.

Mark.