[Pypgsql-users] Re: Does anyone use SuSE 8.2

Gaston Droguett gdroguett at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 09:27:56 EDT 2003

 --- Gerhard_Häring <gh at ghaering.de> escribió: > John
Fabiani wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm having lots of trouble getting pyPgSQL and
> PythonCard running.  My
> > python is 2.2.2 and appears to be in the same
> location as RH
> > "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/" but I can't
> get anything to run.  I was
> > succesful with wxPython but that's all.  When I
> attempt to "from libpg
> > import *". I get file "libpg" not found.  But it
> is in
> > site-packages/pyPgSQL - so I don't know what's
> happening.
> > -- So I'm in need of help.
>
> I'll be able to help (though I don't use SuSE myself
> any longer).
>
> If you want it to get running fast, compile pyPgSQL
> yourself and don't
> try to use a Redhat RPM on a SuSE machine. That's
> really not difficult,
> just be sure you have the required packages
> installed and follow the
> instructions in the README file in the source
> distribution.
>
> Apart from that, I believe you don't have the
> version of the PostgreSQL
> client libraries installed that the pyPgSQL RPM
> references.
>
> Please post the output of:
>
> ldd

/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pyPgSQL/libpq/libpqmodule.so

> and
>
> ls -al /usr/lib/libpq.so*
>
> -- Gerhard
>
> PS: I'd recommend to use a subject next time that
> gives people an idea
> what the message is about. Normally I'd overlook
> posts like this, while
> I will read all with pyPgSQL in the subject.

Hello:

Try puting a file called whatever.pth in site-package
directory and inside you must write the name of the
subdirectory you need to look in.

for example:
I have a module called x.py in site-package/mydir/
To reach it  I have a file called mydir.pth in
site-package/
the file mydir.pth contains a line with:

mydir

This tells python to look inside mydir directory to
find a module.
That will work for now.

Gaston