newbie: good reasons for learning Python?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Jun 25 05:56:01 EDT 2003

Max M wrote:

> Actually I find both that and frederiks version of the code overly
> complex.

many years ago, I stumbled upon the 99 bottle page, and
found a C-written-in-Python-syntax example, so I sent the
page maintainer a nice new Pythonic example, without all
those extra characters...

unfortunately, I couldn't keep myself from adding a much
more obscure example as a postscript.

guess the "pythonic edition" look too bland, or something.

> This is a bit longer but should be more "pythonic" and far easier to
> understand:

well, you're still using the locals() hack.

</F>