[ANN] GDmodule 0.42 released

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Tue Jun 10 20:12:59 EDT 2003

Hot on the heels of GDmodule version 0.41, a new version
0.42 has now been released.  This new version incorporates
a patch from Gregory P. Smith supporting fully generic
file-like object I/O, something the GDmodule has never had
before.

For those not familiar with it, the GDmodule connects the
popular GD (graphics drawing) library by Thomas Bouttel
with Python.  Versions of GD from 1.8.3 on up are supported,
but many features require GD 2.0.1 or higher.  The original
GDmodule was written by Richard Jones at the Bureau of
Meteorology Australia; I took over support for the module at
version 0.23 with his blessing.

GDmodule may be downloaded from my website at

    http://newcenturycomputers.net/projects/gdmodule.html

Thanks to all who have submitted patches and enhancements
to this project!

Chris Gonnerman -- chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
http://newcenturycomputers.net