PIL 1.1.4 and Freetype 2.1.4

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Jun 7 05:59:14 EDT 2003

Has anyone managed to build PIL with the latest stable FreeType? I'm getting the
following linker errors

ftinit.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _pfr_driver_class
ftinit.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _t42_driver_class
ftinit.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _pshinter_module_class
ftinit.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _bdf_driver_class
ftinit.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _pcf_driver_class
build\lib.win32-2.2\_imagingft.pyd : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals

I assume this is because FreeType has changed since 2.0 (which PIL assumes).

By hacking the setup.py file I am able to get something by using the freetyp214.lib
that freetype itself builds. Can I assume that this will work OK?
--
Robin Becker