Python - Execute more programs

Krisztian Kepes Kepes.Krisztian at peto.hu
Mon Jun 30 08:59:20 EDT 2003

Hi !

I want to start many py programs - with other parameters.

Because the programs have many to-do, I don't want to wait for them.

In Delphi it is like this:

program startmore;

uses
 Windows,
 Classes,
 SHELLAPI;

var
 SL:TStringList;
 FileName:string;i:integer;
begin
 SL:=TStringList.Create;
 try
  if (ParamCount<1) then Exit;
  SL.LoadFromFile(ParamStr(1));
  FileName:=SL[0];
  for i:=1 to SL.Count-1 do begin
   ShellExecute(0,'open',PChar(FileName),PChar(SL[i]),nil,sw_SHOW);
  end;
 finally
  SL.Free;
 end;
end.

In the param (sm.txt) file:

Neurolotto.py
-W1 -S1
-W2 -S1
-W3 -S1
-W4 -S1
-W5 -S1
-W1 -S2
-W2 -S2
-W3 -S2
-W4 -S2
-W5 -S2
-W1 -S3
-W2 -S3
-W3 -S3
-W4 -S3
-W5 -S3
-W1 -S4
-W2 -S4
-W3 -S4
-W4 -S4
-W5 -S4
-W1 -S5
-W2 -S5
-W3 -S5
-W4 -S5
-W5 -S5

startmore.exe sm.txt

The shell is doing his work good, it is find the py -> python.exe assoc., start the py in other cmd window, etc.

But I want to write it in py.

import os

parlist=['-W1 -S1','-W2 -S1' ]
pypath='c:\Python\python.exe'
filename='c:/homedev/neurolotto/bin/v1.0/Neurolotto.py'
for params in parlist:
    s='"'+filename+' '+params+'"'
    print pypath+' '+s
    os.spawnv(os.P_NOWAIT,pypath,[s])

But it is not working. Startfile is seems to good (assoc !), but it is not handle the arguments.

How I do an Delphi compatible but Python based program ?

Thx:
 KK