Problems with importation of regsub module in 2.2

Gerhard Haering gh at ghaering.de
Sun Jun 1 17:55:07 EDT 2003

* morden <morden at shadows.net> [2003-06-01 15:22 -0700]:
> I got this trace after upgrade from 1.x tro 2.2:

>     import regsub
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/regsub.py", line 20, in ?
>     import regex
> ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.2/lib-dynload/regex.so: undefined
> symbol: _Py_NoneStruct

Strange. There must have been something gone wrong when you compiled
Python. What you should be getting is this:

#v+
>>> import regsub
/usr/lib/python2.2/regsub.py:15: DeprecationWarning: the regsub module is deprecated; please use re.sub()
  DeprecationWarning)
#v-

Do you get the same error message if you try to import something else
from dynload, like 'time' or 'sha'?

Gerhard
--
http://ghaering.de/