XML

Martin v. Löwis martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Jun 22 03:09:09 EDT 2003

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters <mertz at gnosis.cx> writes:

> Perhaps you missed the extensions *.mbox and *.news?  (or whatever style
> your MUA uses).

By the definition of

http://info.astrian.net/jargon/terms/f/flat-ASCII.html

RFC-822 message are not flat ASCII.

> I just read a couple dozen 7-bit ASCII documents on c.l.py before
> getting to Martin's 7-bit ASCII document arguing against the prevelance
> of 7-bit ASCII documents (and I haven't even opened my favorite HTML
> viewer for the day yet).

But the news reader has done some rendering of the messages, no
(e.g. header, body, it probably suppressed the Message-ID altogether)?
this would indicate that they are not flat...

Regards,
Martin