data base

achrist at easystreet.com achrist at easystreet.com
Tue Jun 10 11:06:06 EDT 2003

sismex01 at hebmex.com wrote:
> SQLite is a C libary which embeds a SQL engine and a database
> manager into your applications; it's quite small, and terribly
> fast (err... "hideously fast".. hmmm... "awfully fast"...)
> very, very fast. :-)

I think I saw in the docs that SQLite uses a 1k page size.  OTOH,
looking at other database software I see page sizes typically 8k-32k.

Don't Windows computer want to always read disk in 4k chunks?

Why does SQLite have such small page size?

Does this help or hurt performance?

I'm using SQLite with good results and no complaints. Just curious.

Al