Cannot build Tk under RedHat

Michele Simionato mis6 at pitt.edu
Mon Jun 16 12:49:06 EDT 2003

Haris Bogdanovic <haris.bogdanovic at zg.hinet.hr> wrote in message news:<3EECF794.3030700 at zg.hinet.hr>...
> I get some errors while trying to build Tk and because of that Python's
> IDLE won't start.
> How should configure and build steps look like to properly build Tk ?
>
> Thanks
> Haris

I do not understand if you are trying to build Python from sources
or from the rpm packages. I have found (under Red Hat 7.3) that it
is actually simpler to build from sources. The rpm dependencies
are mixed up and you must install the various rpm in a given order
to get it working. BTW, I have found problems in building Tkinter
from sources in a system with an old version of PMW installed, is
this your case?

 Michele