Numeric or numarray?

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Sun Jun 22 11:55:45 EDT 2003

gong li wrote:
> 1. the readme says that previous version of numarray must be   removed,
> is it referring to Numeric also?

You don't have to remove Numeric, since numarray is not backward-compatible.
You can have them installed both (I have).

> 2. which package should i use?

Numarray is the future. Older packages use Numeric. I don't know about
technical issues, though.

> 3. whats the status of these projects?

IIRC, Numeric is no longer being developed, but I'm not sure.

Gerrit.

--
105. If the agent is careless, and does not take a receipt for the
money which he gave the merchant, he can not consider the unreceipted