The beauty of Python

Chris Stromberger bit_bucket5 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 18 22:03:50 EDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:10:51 +0200, "Thomas Weholt \( PRIVAT \)"
<2002 at weholt.org> wrote:

>I'm trying to promote Python as an elegant, easy-to-read and intuitive
>language at work and to my programming-buddies. I thought it would be nice
>to have a webpage with examples of the beauty of Python, showing small
>snippets of code solving real-world problems or tasks. If anybody has any
>such examples to offer, I'd be very gratefull. And if it turns out to be any
>interest for this in this group, I'll collect the source-snippets and put
>them on the net.
>
>Best regards,
>Thomas Weholt

I don't know if this qualifies, but at my sparse website I have
written up some snippets of Python to contrast with Perl.  This is
mostly an outlet for frustrations encountered at work where Perl is
king and Python is criticized by people who have never bothered to
look at it (and hence Python is not available on our development
boxes).  It may be off base, but may be somewhat useful.  I tried to
not make it too vitriolic!

http://www.strombergers.com/python/