medusa http server

Moshe Zadka m at moshez.org
Sun Jun 1 13:32:29 EDT 2003

On 1 Jun 2003, aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) wrote:

> >% mktap web --path=/var/www/htdocs --port=80
> >% sudo twisted -f web.tap
>
> Yes, that's all that's required
<snip>
[about the using-twistedweb.html HOWTO]
> That's actually a moderately long document.  If you want to emphasize
> how quickly a Twisted web server can be deployed, you should create a
> separate document called "Fast start: Twisted web server".  That would
> include a minimal set of install instructions so that people don't need
> to read separate pages.

Hrm, a good idea. I might actually do that -- "Bringing Up a Twisted Web In
Five Minutes" might be a win.

> Note that I'm not complaining about the current setup, but you seem to
> imply that it ought to be even easier.

Yes. I want it to be easy enough that people will say "nah, let's just
install Twisted Web" :)
--
Moshe Zadka -- http://moshez.org/
Buffy: I don't like you hanging out with someone that... short.