OFF TOPIC: What did Guido say?

Roel Vanhout roel at riks.nl
Wed Jun 25 04:36:57 EDT 2003

He says, in Dutch, literally translated: I am Guido van Rossum and I
imitate Woody Woodpecker (and then makes the Woody sound). The
background to this is that there was a program on Dutch television, 10
or more years ago, that was about cartoons and there was a part where
kids (between something like 4 and 8 years old) could imitate their
favourite cartoon character. They usually introduced themselves by
saying their name, who they were imitating, and then did the imitation.
It was very popular at the time - even after hearing the 1000th bad
imitation of Donald Duck, there was something to it. It was something of
a running joke at the time to imitate cartoon characters, usually
introduced by saying one's name, to make the connection with the tv
program. Can't remember what the program was called though, anyone?

cheers,

roel