Exception - how to ignore it ?

Steven Taschuk staschuk at telusplanet.net
Tue Jun 3 16:29:31 EDT 2003

Quoth Helmut Jarausch:
> is it possible for an exception handler
> to just e.g. print something and set some
> global flags but then to have the script
> continue just after the statement which
> raised the exception?

As Alan said, no.

An alternative approach: let your code accept an error-handling
callback function to be invoked when a problem occurs.  Such a
callback can set global flags and return control to your code, or
raise an exception, etc..

Steven Taschuk                               staschuk at telusplanet.net
"What I find most baffling about that song is that it was not a hit."
                                          -- Tony Dylan Davis (CKUA)