C or C++ in Python

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Fri Jun 6 12:13:53 EDT 2003

Erhan Ekici wrote:
> Hi...
>
> I work with Numerical Calculations in Ptyhon..
> I wanna calculate some part of my project using C or C++ in Python in order to
> gain speed and time.
>
> I tried weave program.Weave  doesn't start.Because No C compiler
> in my system.Then I download MinGW 2.0.0.3.exe for gcc but weave.test() give
> errors...

You don't have gcc/g++ in your system PATH. That's why weave can't find it.

Anyway, I've quickly tried to test weave and it looks to me as if it
doesn't work with my g++ 3.2.2 I have from mingw. I see two options:

- downgrade to a mingw with g++ 2.95.x that's supported according to the
weave website

- try if a development version of weave can work with the newest g++

> What is problem ? and to use C or C++ in python, what should I do except Weave ?

FWIW I'd suppose that more people qualified for answering weave problems
can be found on the SciPy list.

-- Gerhard