Any views on YAML?

Mark Carter cartermark46 at ukmail.com
Tue Jun 3 10:00:37 EDT 2003

Does anyone have any particular views on YAML, esp. wrt XML?

I've been storing information in CSV format - but lately I've been
thinking that it might be nice to "beef it up a bit". So as well as
storing the data itself, I might want to store the field descriptions,
formatting style, and some other stuff. So  a file would be processed
along the lines of:
repeat until eof:
    read-chunk-header
    read-chunk-data #dependent on the header you find

... a la IFF (Interleaved File Format); for those who can cast their
mind back to Amigas.