Request for feedback on my first Python program

Sean Legassick sean at datamage.net
Sun Jun 1 12:37:55 EDT 2003

In message <bbd83g$aiu$1 at panix1.panix.com>, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com>
writes
>It is *NOT* redundant; it is making clear that True/False are the only
>possible return values.  With your rewrite, reading and understanding
>the code is necessary to clarify the intent.

Eeek. I know python is supposed to be readable, but you seem to be
suggesting that it's useful to convey information to someone who can't
read a simple boolean expression.

If you really need that level of self-documentation, I would put it in a
comment / docstring, not in redundant code.

Sean

--
Sean K. Legassick
sean at datamage.net