PythonD: 4Suite or Twisted?

Moshe Zadka m at moshez.org
Wed Jun 4 16:05:00 EDT 2003

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, "deckerben" <bdeck at lycos.co.uk> wrote:

> Good to hear. I was a little concerned by the 'manhole' command coming back
> saying I didn't have GTK. Do you think it is possible to rewrite this tools
> using the curses module (supported under DOS)?

If you want to write "cursesmanhole", you're welcome to :)
But usually using a curses client for telnet would probably get you
what you want. The telnet server has the same capabilities as the
manhole server, more or less.

> PythonD provides full socketmodule and selectmodule support. We were able to
> *build* and *install* the latest TWISTED as part of our in-house
> experimentation. But when I typed 'coil -l /dev/env/DJDIR/bin/web.tap' it
> returned the error:
> "No module named tendril"

coil is not really functional, and is slated for removal soon.

> Does TWISTED require any DOS-killers like os.fork() or os.popen2() ??

No.
--
Moshe Zadka -- http://moshez.org/
Buffy: I don't like you hanging out with someone that... short.