Blogging Software

Rob Tillotson rob at pyrite.org
Mon Jun 2 14:55:03 EDT 2003

ngps at netmemetic.com (Ng Pheng Siong) writes:
> I just ran across some lists of Python bloggers. Nice reading. But they
> don't mention what blogging software they're running on.
>
> I know of the Python Desktop Server and ..., err, that's it, actually.
>
> Which others are there, please? Is there a website or three that lists
> these?

There are quite a few... here are just a few links culled from my own
weblog, wherein I try to link to all of them as I find them, lest I
forget:

  Weblog server tools:
    Vellum - http://www.kryogenix.org/code/vellum/
    pyblosxom - http://roughingit.subtlehints.net/pyblosxom/
    mombo - http://www.intertwingly.net/code/mombo/
    Python Desktop Server - http://pyds.muensterland.org/
    Rantelope - http://www.rantelope.com/
    Byline Server - http://pyrite.org/byline/

  Other weblog related Python stuff:
    HEP Message Server - http://www.fettig.net/projects/hep/
    tblib (outgoing Trackback library) -
      http://postneo.com/projects/tblib/
    TBPY (incoming Trackback CGI) - http://markpasc.org/code/tbpy/
    pyblogger and RSS tools - http://diveintomark.org/projects/
    Byline - http://pyrite.org/blogauthor/

In the interest of full disclosure I must point out that Byline and
Byline Server are mine, the former is a multiprotocol XML-RPC weblog
client and the latter is the server software I use on my own sites.
There are at least one or two others that I have come across and
forgot to bookmark, too...

--Rob

--
Rob Tillotson  N9MTB  <rob at pyrite.org>