C or C++ in Python

Fernando Perez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 6 14:24:30 EDT 2003

Erhan Ekici wrote:

> Hi...
>
> I work with Numerical Calculations in Ptyhon..
> I wanna calculate some part of my project using C or C++ in Python in order to
> gain speed and time.
>
> I tried weave program.Weave  doesn't start.Because No C compiler
> in my system.Then I download MinGW 2.0.0.3.exe for gcc but weave.test() give
> errors...
>
> What is problem ? and to use C or C++ in python, what should I do except Weave
> ?

A few points:

- I only use weave under linux, so I can't help you with windows issues

- But the weave developers _do_ use windows, so if you ask on the scipy mailing
list, I'm sure they'll give you some useful hints.

- I use weave a lot, and if you want to get started, I've included here a file
with a bunch of simple examples.  They document small usage cases typical of
numerical computing, you may find them useful in addition to the docs and
examples supplied with weave itself.

- Weave rocks :)

Best,

f.