Newbie Question re Python 2.2.2 WIN

Ben Minton pythonidae_olivaceous at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 8 02:28:02 EDT 2003

Hi All

Just downloaded python 2.2.2 zip for WIN & html zip for docs. Installed
great, just now I have the gui open on the desktop, what next?

I am reading through the tutorial but can't seem to find 'howto write and
save a simple file' which makes it kind of hard. Is there are a specific
reference for the absolute beginner to make/save.edit files?

Also are there any good personal sites run by users of this group that
someone could point me to? I have been to amk.ca which was good but would
like something a bit more hand-holding.

Also, what is the recommended format for displaying your email address, if
you want to reduce the likelihood of SPAM.Does this group daemon accept
munged email addresses?

Thanks, Ben