py2exe and dynamic service installation ?

Harald Schneider h_schneider at marketmix.com
Mon Jun 23 02:20:21 EDT 2003

Hi,

I used py2exe to create a NT service, which works flawlessly. Now the same
application needs to be installed multiple times on the same machine. For
this I need to pass _svc_name_ and _svc_display_name_ at runtime as command
line parameters after -install.

But no matter what I do, if I compile the application with py2exe it falls
back to the first assignment of _svc_name_ in the class header - it just
ignores the passed command line paramters and also any assignment to
_svc_name_ etc in the class header or the __init part ...

Is there a way to assign these varibales dynamically before the service is
created ?

All the best,
Harald