long-term release schedule?

emf i at mindlace.net
Fri Jun 13 12:50:50 EDT 2003

--On 13 Friday, June 2003 09:33 -0700 "A. Lloyd Flanagan"
<alloydflanagan at attbi.com> wrote:

> A useful example here is the Ximian product Evolution.  This is a
> work-alike to Outlook (hopefully w/o the bugs) developed for Linux
> systems.
> Ximian actually went bankrupt last year, when Evolution was at about
> 1.08 (I think).

Ximian has never filed for bankruptcy as far as I am aware and can
find. They're actually doing pretty well, as far as I know.

You may be thinking about Eazel, the company that developed the file
browser Nautilus, which is now part of the gnome desktop (and thus part
of Ximian's desktop product offering).

As far as the notion of Python becoming unsupported, uh... I think you
would have to have a nuclear war.

~mindlace
http://mindlace.net