SOAP client

Thomas Weholt 2002 at weholt.org
Fri Jun 27 15:13:11 EDT 2003

I'm using Twisted for my Internet-needs and in most cases it works like a
charm. But when its SOAP support seem to be buggy. Anyway, you could give it
a try and see if you can figure out what's wrong. Twisted is a wonderful
thing.

Thomas

"Nick Vargish" <nav at adams.patriot.net> wrote in message
news:yyybrwj8lpq.fsf at adams.patriot.net...
> Glauco <glauco at sferacarta.com> writes:
>
> > I'm alone in  find a lot of problem in a SOAP Client ?
>
> No, I'm finding the SOAP thing pretty hard going myself, and I'm
> usually pretty good at figuring things out for myself. I have a couple
> of Perl "SOAP:Lite" scripts that I am trying to translate into Python,
> and it's been quite frustrating.
>
> > I'm going crazy because function are not documented .
> > Exist another solution for di a SOAP CLient ??
>
> There's ZSI, which has been called "more mature" by some people, but I
> can't see much of a difference in approachability. Neither seems to be
> very well documented. What I could really use are some more
> examples...
>
> Here's one of the Perl scripts I'm trying to translate:
>
>   use SOAP::Lite;
>   print SOAP::Lite
>     -> uri('urn:Temperatures')
>     -> proxy('http://clerkcap.house.gov/scripts/temper.pl')
>     -> f2c($ARGV[0])
>     -> result;
>
> It's just one call. What's the Pythonic equivalent, using either
> SOAP.py or the ZSI package?
>
> Obviously, I need a better understanding of how SOAP is supposed to
> work, but even that basic documentation is surprisingly hard to find
> on the Web.
>
> Nick
>
> --
> # sigmask.py  ||  version 0.2  ||  2003-01-07  ||  Feed this to your
Python.
> print reduce(lambda
x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),'Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAqbusjpu/ofu?','')