Have I broken my installation?

Matt Mower mmower at novissio.com
Sat Jun 28 12:30:36 EDT 2003

Hi Martin,

Thanks for responding.  My answers are below.

On 28 Jun 2003 17:53:52 +0200, martin at v.loewis.de (Martin v. Löwis)
wrote:

>> I'm pretty sure I had a module dom.minidom before as it is the import
>> statement that is raising the exception and it didn't prior to
>> installing PyXML, I was previously calling parse() and Document().
>>
>> So did I make a mistake installing PyXML?
>
>This is uncertain. Does this also happen when you invoke Python from
>the command line? If so, what happens if you do
>
>import xml
>print xml
>import xml.dom
>print xml.dom
>import xml.dom.minidom
>print xml.dom.minidom

It turns out I made a bad choice naming my test program 'xml.py'.  I
discovered that these commands failed in the directory I was working
on the script in, but succeeded elsewhere.

I guess I didn't realise that my local files could interfere with
importing from Pythons libraries.  Stupid mistake on my part!

Thanks again!

Matt

---
Systems Engineer, Hipbone(EMEA) Ltd.
3000 Hillswood drive, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0RS
Tel: 44-1932-895902  Mob: 44-7980-237-380