Recall last result

Erich Neuwirth erich.neuwirth at aon.at
Mon Jun 9 05:48:13 EDT 2003

Is there a standard way of recalling the last result?
Following situation:
I call a function producing a large solution
for a combinatorial problem. The computation takes quite some time.
I forgot to assign the result to a variable.
The list is displayed on screen?
Now i want to count the number of elements in
the solution list.
Can i access the result of the last computation in a goboal vaiable?

History recall does not help me, since that would reproduce my input,
but I need the output.

I tried to find the answer in the docs, but could not find it.
Is there a FAQ dealing with questions like this one?