Including binary files in a .py file; [THANKS]

Gary Duncan gmduncan at netspace.net.au
Sat Jun 7 17:44:23 EDT 2003

Geoffrey Talvola (and a few others ) gave useful advice ; thanks again.

> Gary Duncan wrote:
>
>>Here's what I want to do; distribute a .py file (a GUI app) with
>>an embedded (binary) .GIF file (a photo of me at 1 yo ;) rather than
>>distribute both separately. For convenience, mainly.

(I should have pointed out that the GUI was Tkinter-based)

Basically I used that nifty program img2pytk.py to convert the
GIF, then inserted it into my app. canvas.create_image renders it
on the canvas.  As usual, simple when you know how ;)

The attachment shows the code fragment.

- Gary