You know you're a Pythonista when..

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Jun 13 18:09:15 EDT 2003

    >> 8) You use the interactive interpreter as a calculator.

    Roy> I do that!

Me too from time to time.  Someone else mentioned using Python as their
login shell.  Just for the hell of it I created an account named "skippy" on
my laptop with the same privileges as my normal "skip" account but with
Python instead of Bash as my login shell:

    % ssh -l skippy localhost
    skippy at localhost's password:
    Welcome to Darwin!
    Python 2.3b1+ (#64, Jun 10 2003, 05:18:12)
    [GCC 3.1 20020420 (prerelease)] on darwin
    >>>  help
    Type help() for interactive help, or help(object) for help about object.
    >>> ^D
    Connection to localhost closed.

Seems to work so far.  I'll have to mess around with it a bit...

Skip