Python App Server Advice

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.net
Mon Jun 2 04:57:28 EDT 2003

"Graeme Matthew" <gsmatthew at ozemail.com.au> wrote in message news:<8OVBa.442$DL6.18158 at nnrp1.ozemail.com.au>...
> thanks for all yuor input much appreciated, im now on my last task before
> the server is ready getting pyApache to work after ditching mod_python as I
> could not get it working on linux only windows

I suppose you could turn to the mod_python mailing lists to get those
problems sorted out. In my experience, mod_python is very easy to
install on Linux, with the only issues arising around
Expat/pyexpat/cDomlette and character encoding "misinterpretation" if
you are using that particular combination of software to process XML
documents. With minidom from PyXML (and not 4Suite) mod_python should
be just fine for XML processing applications.

Paul